Utah State Fiddle Contest
We are excited to announce that the The Utah State Fiddle Contest will be conducting their contest at TedFest aka Wasatch Mountain Music Festival this year.
UTAH STATE Fiddle Contest: July 20, 2024
• Hotel Park City
• Utah Old Time Fiddle & Country Music Association
• Vibrant America & TedFest (AKA - The Wasatch Mountain Music Festival)
Over $1,900 in prize money. Winner of the Championship division will receive $200 in prize money, two festival passes, plus a spot- light on the Main Stage Saturday.
Contest Date: Saturday, July 15, 2023 at 9:00 am – noon. Registration open at 8:00 am.
Entrance Fee: $15 for age divisions - $ 20 for the Open Fiddle. Entree fees paid at the gate.
Registration at the Workshop Stage. Fans are FREE but may if desired, purchase tickets for the festival at the gate.
A portion of the entree fees will be donated to the Horse of Many Colors. A non-profit organizated to support Heber Valley families affected by all types of cancer.
Fiddle Divisions and Prize Money:
Small Fry (8 and under) 1st - $60 / 2nd - $40 / 3rd - $30
Jr. Junior (9 to 13) 1st - $80 / 2nd - $60 / 3rd - $40
Junior (14 to 17) 1st - $100 / 2nd - $80 / 3rd - $60
Young Adult (18 to 35) 1st - $150 / 2nd - $100 / 3rd - $75
Adult (36 to 59) 1st - $150 / 2nd - $100 / 3rd - $75 Senior (60 & up) 1st - $150 / 2nd - $100 / 3rd - $75
Champion Open (Any age) 1st - $200 / 2nd - $100 / 3rd - $75
• You have 4 minutes to play a hoedown, waltz, tune of choice (which cannot be a hoedown or a waltz). • Ten points deducted for every 10 seconds over time. Ten second grace period.
• No sheet music on stage.
• Contestants are allowed up to 3 acoustic accompanists on stage. Guitar accompanists will be available.
• Artist signed with a Label or performing in our festival line up are not permitted to compete.
• Judging is blind. Contestants are judged on style, tone, intonation, clarity, rhythm, danceability.